Living Culture of Bhutan 8 days
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: PUNAKHA
DAY 05: PUNAKHA – THIMPHU
DAY 06: THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 07: PARO
DAY 08: DEPART PARO
This cultural tour explores the heritage and traditions of Bhutan’s timeless culture that still thrive today. This tour is specially tailored to provide a deeper insight into the lives of the diverse people of Bhutan. Based in the western valleys, you will be immersed the daily lives of Bhutanese, with exclusive activities including farmhouse visits, interaction with northern nomad tribes and participation in special Buddhist ceremonies. It also includes visits to Bhutan’s many cultural highlights including Ta Dzong Museum, Rimpong Dzong with its wooden cantilevered bridge and the infamous Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest) in the Paro Valley, The National Memorial Chorten, 12th century Changangkha Temple and the National Library exhibiting ancient scriptures in Bhutan’s capital Thimphu, and the Punakha Dzong and Chimi Lhakang in the sub-tropical Punakha Valley. The best time to do this tour is during the months of December to late March when the nomadic Laya people migrate south to Punakha for winter.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LIVING CULTURE OF BHUTAN TOUR
The ‘Living Culture of Bhutan’ explores the heritage and traditions of Bhutan’s timeless culture that still thrive today. This tour is specially tailored to provide a deeper insight into the lives of the diverse people of Bhutan.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Attend a special purification ceremony at the temple performed by monks.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Participate in a religious village ceremony and prayer flag hoisting.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Airfare into Bhutan including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.