Bumthang Cultural Trek 11 days
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – TRONGSA
DAY 04: TRONGSA – BUMTHANG
DAY 05: BUMTHANG – NGANG LHAKHANG (4hrs)
DAY 06: NANG L’HANG – UGYENCHOLING (8hrs)
DAY 07: UGYENCHOLING – BUMTHANG (4 hrs)
DAY 08: BUMTHANG – PUNAKHA
DAY 09: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 10: PARO
DAY 11: DEPART PARO
The Bumthang Cultural Trek explores the highlights of the Bumthang valley, the religious heartland of Bhutan, and home to some of its oldest Buddhist temples and monasteries. This gentle three-day trek passes through several villages on its route through Bumthang’s countryside of meadows, blue pine forests and mountains of scrub bamboo. It is perfect for the average trekker who wants to enjoy breathtaking mountainous views, visit remote sacred sites and meet with locals. It is especially recommended for lovers of nature. This trek also features a cultural tour through the beautiful western valleys of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BUMTHANG CULTURAL TREK
The Bumthang Cutural Trek explores the highlights of the Bumthang valley, the religious heartland of Bhutan, and home to some of its oldest Buddhist temples and monasteries. This gentle three-day trek is perfect for the average trekker, and is especially recommended for lovers of nature. This trek also features a cultural tour through the beautiful western valleys of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush meadows and valleys to dense forests.
- Explore Bhutan’s central valleys, rich with ancient historical and sacred Buddhist sites.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Drive over high mountain passes affording sensational views of the Himalayan peaks.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
BHUTAN TREK DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours and treks are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing, subject to the trek taking place during the trekking season as identified in the itinerary overview above. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour and trek to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design this Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TREKS:
- Airfare into Bhutan including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.